This super easy Keto Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Rice is chock full of flavor and texture and cheesy, ranch-flavored goodness! A delicious keto chicken dinner your family will request over and over again!
I’m going to be honest and confess that while the chicken is delicious – crispy skin, tender juicy meat, yada, yada, yada… it’s the cheesy ranch cauliflower rice that is the star of this dish.
Hard to believe I know. But it’s true! Instead of calling this keto cheesy ranch chicken and rice, I probably should have called it keto cheesy ranch cauliflower rice – with some chicken. 😂
The top of this keto cheesy ranch cauliflower rice gets a little crunchy and chewy, while the interior is fluffy and cheesy and has a noticeable ranch flavor. It’s sublimely delicious – keto comfort food in the extreme.
So much so that I actually scraped all of the leftover cauliflower rice off of the bottoms of the baked chicken pieces in the fridge and warmed it up for lunch the next day without even bothering to add the chicken.
I eventually ate the chicken too, but was legit sad when the ranch cauliflower rice was all gone.
And don’t get me wrong, the crispy ranch chicken was also amazing – just not as amazing as that cheesy ranch cauliflower rice. Which you could absolutely make on its own – but baking the chicken in the rice definitely adds extra flavor so I’m not sure it would be quite as good without the chicken juices soaked right into it.
Now let’s talk briefly about how easy this keto cheesy ranch chicken and rice is…
Mix, spread, top, bake….
Viola – dinner on the table!
I used regular old Hidden Valley Ranch dressing seasoning for this keto cheesy ranch chicken and rice (not sponsored, just what I used) and it came out great. If you don’t have access to or don’t want to use packaged ranch seasoning, you can make your own keto ranch seasoning at home.
There are lots of options online, in fact here’s a homemade ranch seasoning blend from Low Carb Maven that came up in a Google search. I haven’t made this myself yet so can’t vouch personally for how good it is. Seems legit though – let us know if you’ve tried it.
Times are tough right now, and if you’re like me then easy and inexpensive dinners that nobody is going to gripe about are all that is keeping you going. This keto cheesy ranch cauliflower rice definitely fits the bill and I’m excited for you to try it and report back!
If you’re not on keto, you can absolutely make this with regular rice instead of cauliflower rice. Simply replace the cauliflower with 2 cups of rice, and add 3 3/4 cup of water to the mix as well. Bake as directed, or until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and the chicken is cooked through.
Keto Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Rice
This super easy Keto Cheesy Ranch Chicken & Rice is chock full of flavor and texture and cheesy, ranch-flavored goodness! A delicious keto chicken dinner your family will request over and over again!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Keto Chicken Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 6 chicken leg quarters (legs and/or thighs)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons of the ranch seasoning in a medium sized bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir until well blended.
- Add the cauliflower rice (or rice and water) and shredded cheese and stir well.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking or casserole dish and spread out evenly over the surface of the pan.
- Rub the remaining seasoning over the chicken parts and place them on top of the rice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 4g.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh + 1 cup rice
- Calories: 545
- Fat: 39g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: Keto Chicken and Rice, Keto Cauliflower Rice, Ranch Chicken and Rice